The piano program at SSMF believes in a holistic, comprehensive approach to the training of a 21st-century pianist. Extensive experiences in solo, collaborative, and concerto literature will offer selected students the opportunity to develop a range of skills to prepare for a life in music.
Enrollment to the piano studio will be limited to ensure ample one-on-one instruction.
$4,875.00 covers all tuition, housing, and meals during the program.
Festival alumni who apply by March 15th will receive a $500 credit to their tuition.
Application Fees and Deadlines
Feb 15th, 2021 ( $35.00 app fee)
- Priority application deadline
- Scholarship available for all studios
- Deadline for SSMF Summer 2020 students to let us know if they would like their deposit and scholarship honored from 2020
March 15th, 2021 ($75.00 app fee)
- Final application deadline
- Scholarship available for some studios
After March 15th, 2021 ($75.00 app fee)
- Applications after March 15th will be accepted on a case by case basis with limited scholarship availability. Some studios will be full.
Two contrasting works that represent both lyrical and technical ability
Secondary study in piano
Festival participants may elect to take supplemental lessons on piano during the festival. Supplemental lessons are offered in 30-minute slots, once a week. While no additional audition is required, we do expect that students who register for secondary piano lessons will possess basic skills and have at least one year of prior private instruction.
Tuition for Secondary Piano Study
Tuition information will be posted soon.