Group classes and seminars twice weekly.
Topics may include:
- Sweet Tea and Intonation Theory: Exploration of BassMind (2020)
- Integrating Musicianship and Story-Telling through Standard Repertoire
- Classical Cadenza Improvisation (While Improvising a Stirling’s Quiche)
- “Apple Tree” Director’s Cut (A Behind the Scenes Look at an ISB 2019 Solo Commission)
- Works well with others: Orchestra excerpts and orchestra playing. A look at how to thoroughly prepare excerpts for auditions and at being a good ensemble player and colleague.
- Learn by doing: Learning to think more about your daily practice habits and how to change them to reflect your long term goals.
Tuition and Fees
The total cost of tuition is $400. Private lessons will be available for an additional fee, to be scheduled directly with the faculty artists. To complete registration, please pay your tuition here. The deadline to register is June 1, 2020.
To schedule additional lessons, please contact Sam Suggs and Tim Pearson directly.
The Sewanee Summer Music Festival reserves the right to deny registrants and refund fees to anyone who does not have the proper level of training to participate in the course.